Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Pass it on

OK, this is doing the rounds of Facebook and blogosphere:

Grab the book closest to you. Now.

* Go to page 56.

* Find the 5th sentence.

* Don't go looking for your favourite book, or the coolest one you have -- just grab the closest one

OK, here goes.

"Lydia gaped as he opened the volume, and before he had, with very monotonous solemnity, read three pages, she interrupted him with: "Do you know, mamma, that my uncle Philips talks of turning away Richard; and if he does, Colonel Forster will hire him."

And yes, I really have been re-reading Pride and Prejudice. So there.

I think I am supposed to tag five other bloggers, but I can't work out how just at the moment. Any instructions anyone? And what's the etiquette with tagging? Can you tag just anyone or are you supposed to introduce yourself first?

6 comments:

Tony Abbot's new view from the sky said...

Can I just say I think it is a fantastic name for a blog - even more so when I read the history behind it.

Ponte Sisto said...

I was tagged for this, but I don't understand the reason behind it.

This is a great blog!!

The Cellarer said...

I tend to just do these things and invite either of my readers to have a go.

I suppose if you are one of 'the usual suspects' you get a fair few of these and risk upsetting people when you don't respond to the tag because if you did them all there would be no time for stuff like eating and work!

Good luck with the blog by the way.

Marquis said...

Moses said to God, "If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you', and they ask me, 'What is his name?'what shall I say to them?"
CCC 205

Yes, I am reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Mac McLernon said...

Fiorella, tagging is easy. It's also a great way to get yourself noticed by other blogs.

You don't need to introduce yourself. What you do is mention the blogs you want to tag in a post of your own, and give links to them (I can see that you already know how to do links)

You publish the post, and get the URL

Then you go to the combox of the blog you want to tag and tell them they've been tagged for a meme, giving the URL of your post so that they can find it easily.

And there you have it!

Ponte Sisto said...

Ah, that explains it. Thanks to Mac, it's simple when you think about it.