Friday, 13 February 2009

A Miracle

I have just received a telephone call from Tabi/Hannah to say that the deportation order has been cancelled - ten minutes before she was due to begin the check-in process. Now that we have both stopped crying, I thought I would let everyone know.

This week has truly been a vale of tears for our friend, but I know she has been comforted by the love and support shown by so many people. We can now begin the process of launching an appeal and starting bail proceedings to bring her home. It is by no means certain that she will ultimately win the right to remain in Britain, but she has at least been granted a second chance to argue her case and some time to consider what she will do should she eventually have to leave. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the help and prayers we have received during the past week. Praise be to God, this really is a miracle.

5 comments:

Diana said...

What fantastic news!
I have been praying for Hannah all the way - I have met her once and she struck me as a very genuine and gentle person, and I have been horrified to hear how she has been treated. It must have been terrifying for her not knowing from one moment to the next what was going to happen - even to the point of being about to board the plane...but God is good!! This is such encouraging news.

It was also encouraging to know that our MP was so supportive, and to feel that lobbying was really having an impact, and what a wonderful witness to the power of prayer! - and of course to your determination and commitment Fiorella. Hannah is certainly very blessed to have you as her friend and advocate, it makes me wonder how doubly horrific such experiences must be for those who have no-one.

Mac McLernon said...

Deo gratias.

It is indeed a miracle.

Hermercy.com said...

Yes, teh combine effective of prayers, fasting, the power of adoration, the mass and the rosary puts the enemy to rest every time without failure!!! This is a testimony for us all, but we must continue to pray.....

Violet

amd42 said...

Well done. And I hope always to be on your side in any battles we may have to fight.

Maria said...

Fiorella, I've also been praying for you and your friend, though I really know very little of the details. My own life has also shown me, however, that rules and regulations aren't everything, though they may seem it. Ultimitaly, it is the good will and courage of people that matters. What's most important is where people's hearts are, and here heart speaking to heart and Grace seems to mean more than anything. I'll continue praying for your friend until things settle for her. Please pray that I manage to get the children and myself out of danger and into normality one day!