Saturday, 21 March 2009

Oh sleep, it is a gentle thing...

Beloved from pole to pole
To Mary Queen the praise be given
She sent the gentle sleep from Heaven
That slipped into my soul.

One of my children got ill last night at around midnight. I think I finally staggered into bed with a slumbering child on my arm at six in the morning, to the sound of birds singing. I have vague memories of pacing the floor for a while and of putting In The Night Garden on in desperation to try and distract her. The rest is lost in a blur of sleep deprivation.

However, having had a delightful afternoon nap, I now feel almost ready to apply for naturalisation papers to Planet Earth and may rejoin the human race again by tomorrow lunchtime.

2 comments:

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Didn't sleep through the night for 14 years with my brood!! Happy days!

Fiorella said...

Thanks Jackie, I feel better already ;-)