Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Please Mr Landlord...

With the due date just one calendar month away, our landlord (pictured - at least I reckon that is probably what he looks like) has decided that this is just the moment to require us to vacate his property so that he can sell it. He is, of course, entirely within his rights to force out a heavily pregnant woman with the minimum legal requirement of eight weeks' notice - and in twenty-first century Britain that is frankly all that matters - but I really do wonder how people like that can sleep at night.

Please spare me a thought as I dash about obscure bits of Guildford looking for an alternative home for the family before the baby arrives, and for the new baby who will be born surrounded by boxes and general upheaval... and indeed for my two other children, who will have a great deal of unexpected change to deal with in the next two months.

4 comments:

madame evangelista said...

How bloody awful! Be assured of my prayers x

Elizabeth from Sussex said...

You poor thing! I will pray - especially pray to St Joseph on Friday - he had to do the same!

Patricius said...

God bless you! Will pray.

berenike said...

This is spectacularly crap. I'm so sorry.